Thursday, May 20, 2010

Shake it like a polaroid picture

I went to a dance class last night at the gym. Latin dance to be exact.
I Cha-cha-cha'd, I Salsa'd, I Samba'd. I don't know how to signify the past tense of these dances. Clearly. That's why I put the 'd.

Anywho back to the Samba. I didn't really get that one and sort of just jumped around. Like skipping while moving my hips. Picture that.

I know, right? Beautiful.

I'm still sore. Yeah, as in: everytime I walk up or down stairs, or try to sit in a chair, or on a toilet (if this is tmi for you, then cover your eyes for the rest) my thighs burn and I have to grab hold of something or someone to keep me steady. I had the same feeling after I walked up 25 flights up stairs for exercise one rainy day a couple months ago.

If you want I can teach you how to Latin dance since you could say I'm sort of like an expert now. Sort of like that.

My inspiration for dance of all types is (of course) the great Napoleon. He knows how to shake his groove thing and move it move it. Uh huh. Aww yeah.

Enjoy this video. It will make your day. Obvi.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Gotta love Napolean! I was watching it the other day and told my 4-year-old to learn that dance. We're still working on it...

mCat said...

One of my favorite scenes in that movie!

And a latin dance class sounds so fun! As much fun as Zumba? Either way - love to shake it!!

Uptown Girl said...

Amber- that would make a famous youtube video. get. it. done. ;)

M-Cat- I've never done Zumba, but I think I'd love it. I've watched infommercials about it!