Friday, March 12, 2010

An Affair to Understand

Who doesn't love the classic movie, An Affair to Remember? It is one of my all-time faves. In my never-to-be-humble opinion, the best line in the movie is this...


Terry McKay: "Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories... And we've already missed the spring!"

I love this line yet, I never fully know what it means!

Is Terry trying to say that she and Nickie (Carey Grant) made some warm memories during their time together?


What do you think our lovely heroine is actually saying here?

4 comments:

Liza said...

hahah - u always say that quote!! AND I NEVER GET IT!!!!!

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

Maybe "spring" of their romance? like, "we've missed the opportunity to make some warm, spring memories and now it's the winter of our love"? That's my guess! You got my brain wheels a'turnin today!

DeNae said...

OK, it's one of two things: Either she's saying, "There are three seasons for making memories and one for reliving them. We've screwed up the first one, let's not blow the other two. Otherwise, it's going to be a really dull winter."

Or, she's saying, "It would totally suck if I got hit by a cab."

Uptown Girl said...

I think she is saying exactly that, "It would totally suck if I got hit by a cab". good thinking.

Ummm just fyi blogfriends, I am about to use the "winter must be cold..." quote here at work. I just need to get it out of my system. fun fun.