Friday, May 8, 2009

I think I need a vacay.

I want to take a real vacation. My coworker DG just returned from a Caribbean cruise all tan, relaxed, and swooning over a hot Serbian man she met on the ship. I'm a little jealous. I mean, here I am as white as Blair Waldorf in the winter and wishing for blue skies, white sand, and turquoise waters. I'm dreaming of just laying poolside drinking margaritas with 24 hour access to an all you can eat buffet. I want to know that the beach is just a few feet away... an ocean without trash floating by... so clear I can see my perfectly pedicured toes thru the waves.

Ahhhhhhh.

Waking up from dream. I am at work. In NY. Bleh.

Ok but really, I want to go on a fun trip with girlfriends. Somewhere far far away. Does anyone want to come? Who has ideas for an affordable, fun, and relaxing vacation?

I looked into visiting my little bro bro sweetie Petie in India, but the flight is too mucho dinero for this chica bonita. So that is a no go. I do not have that sugar daddy or the PJ, so I can't be going so far across the planet. While we are talking ideas though... who has a PJ to help me out with this little vacay? Is that too much to ask? Really? Barak seems to use his plane for fun trippy trips at random. Maybe he will loan it to me for a week to ten days. Or Oprah. She likes gift giving. And I like gift receiving. Matchpoint. (I don't play a lot of sports, but I like to use the sports lingo however I see fit, you're welcome).

All right this fantasy has gone on long enough for this morning. It is a Friday and that is enough of a treat for this uptown girl. Also, Bandolino is having a sale- that is sort of like a holiday!

Please note: I am trying to make myself feel better about not taking a trip, but I am so open and hoping to hear ideas for places to go!

3 comments:

Urban Mom said...

I didn't even realize that you have your own blog in addition to Own It! And now I see that your brother has one.... two new blogs for me. Yay me!

;-)

Uptown Girl said...

I just started the blog last week. I don't think my brother has updated his since last year... lazy boy.
Welcome Uptown Urban Mom!

Mary said...

Maria, I think that for a vacation you should come visit your fabulous friends in Augusta, OBVI!!!