Friday, July 31, 2009

My Fave

Yes, you read my post title correctly. I will tell you one of my fave things in the world at large. Ok, actually my fave elite and uber important person (other than myself).

Everybody and their brother from another mother has been out there blogging about their favorito stuff in life. Online and offline. From fave blogs, to books, to haircare products, etc etc etc. As you may or may not have noticed, I am a copycat. If I see you do or say something that I like, I'll steal that thing or word and make it my ownspice. Lamespice? Ask Lauren.

btw, Lauren- I bought that raisin Almay mascara and I'm wearing it today for the first time. So far I'm not in love with it. But, time will tell. Maybe it'll look better with different color eyeshadow?

So, here I am telling you about my love affair with Jack Handy. He is not only the bestest comedian out there, he is also my Baby Daddy. Just a joke- calm down peeps, I don't have a Baby Daddy in real life. I picked up the random and inappropriate use of that phrase/title while in Georgia! Isn't it fetch? Blame the Peaches.

“Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.”

June Cleaver posted that quote from dear ole Jack and I stumbled across it today while stalking her and reading her old posts. While she is on her top-secret NASA mission, June refuses to post anything new for me to read... so what else am I supposed to do?? Pick a new fave blogizzle? Never!! I know you're saying to yourself "never say never", but #1 you are not my mom and you can't take that tone with me... and #2 you're tacky and I hate you. again, I'm joking with you. I don't rly hate you. And, without using google or an encyclopedia, can you tell me where the 'tacky' quote comes from? That right there is a challenge my friend who may or may not be tackier than tacky.

[aside: June, if you see someone peering in your windows while you drink your six-pack(s) tonight it is NOT, I repeat NOT me!! I was there stalking you last night as per usual, but I'm now home in NYC. It is most likely Matthew McConaughey so don't be alarmed and please blog about him soon. kthanxbye]

Where was I?? Ah yes, Jack Handy is the funniest person I know. After that I also enjoy the humor of me, myself, I, and also Liza's manfriend [who we will now call.... hrmmm.... Liza's ManFriend. That may not work tho bc when I abbreve it he becomes LMF which reminds me of MF'er, and hello ppl this blog is for kids... any suggestions? until you suggest something better that's all I've got]. Liza's ManFriend and I both quote Jack Handy quite often. It's what makes us so funny. Obvi. Hot Dang!

Reality is this. I do enjoy the quote June posted. However, it isn't rly my fave. No offense June. No offense.

My favie lil Jack quote is as follows... and I will leave you to ponder this thought...
.
.
.
“Probably the saddest thing you'll ever see is a mosquito sucking on a mummy. Forget it, little friend.”

If you didn't laugh then you need to re-read the quote in a monotone Jackish voice and picture a field of wildflowers in the sunset. If you still don't get it please inquire within and I will try to walk you thru the complexities of being funny.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

FUN post! I should do one of these but make it my ownspice too.

i <3 jack handy. hilar

Lovey said...

Is "School of Rock" the winner?? Seriously did NOT Google or look it up.

Uptown Girl said...

Bekah- do it to it! feel free to make the post all about me... we both know I'm your favorite.

Lovey- YOU WIN!! ding ding ding!!! You are the champion, my friend. As your prize, I will let you buy me an item of your choosing at the new Times Square Sephora this very evening.

Anonymous said...

Um hi you don't know me but you just became my favorite blogger EVER. Your use of baby daddy and fetch in one paragraph was the highlight of my life.

Uptown Girl said...

sassy shelby, welcome uptown... in order to maintain my "fave blogger ever" status, I will now be using 'baby daddy' in all of my posts. stay tuned.