Thursday, August 27, 2009

miss me

I'm flying out to Minnesota in the morning to go to a conference for work. And I extended my stay so that I can visit with some VIPs. I'll get to see my friend from college (Mary- more on Mary after the visit) and then drive to Wisconsin to see my grandfather, Papa Buck (mayor of Wisconsin) for a couple days. He's a hoot. A scotch-pushing hoot. My most vivid memories of Papa Buck are when he would give the little girl version of me sips of scotch and I would cringe! But eventually I stopped cringing... hrmmmm.

I've never been up north to Minnesota or Wisconsin and I will report back. Oh, yeah, I'll be gone until Tuesday. If I can find a computer I will give you an update on my fab mini-work trip/vacay...

I'll miss you blogland! Will you miss me, too? How will you occupy yourself while I'm away?

TELL ME EVERYTHING.

6 comments:

Out of My League said...

I must admit, you'll be missed--your adventures are keeping this homebound mama sane pretty frequently these days :)

thx for stepping up with swoons, and p.s., I totally needed the reminder to write Sandra Bullock my own version of your letter

rita said...

Yes, I'll miss you, even if I don't go near a computer till Monday.

Have fun! My granddaddy evidentally had a little jones for booze, but he didn't share. Dammit. I probably would have learned to love it long before I hit 35.

Farmer's City Wife said...

Hi Uptown Girl :). Were you a religious ed major?

I don't think I know you (I graduated '07), but I know we have mutual friends. "Out of My League" and her husband are friends of mine :).

Urban Mom said...

y'know, as long as you're in wisconsin, you may as well head over to this side of The Cheddar Curtain...

i'm just sayin'

Lo the Unicorn said...

Girlllll have a great trip!!!

Uptown Girl said...

Out of my League/Sandra- just posted the swoon of your life. enjoy **wink**

Rita- what is this Jones? Pls fill me in lest I miss out...

Farmer's City Wife- I was REd for a little while, but i graduated in '03. I'm old now. Old and grey.

Urban Mom- I have a good friend in Chicago and rly want to go visit one day. I couldn't get the Cheddar Curtain to open tho... guess it was stuck.

thx Lo- it was a great trip but i'm glad to be home.