Wednesday, August 19, 2009

what my week looks like thus far

This has been a very busy week in the middle of my less than packed summer.



It started with time on the beach relaxing, lying on my towel, working on my tan with a book and good company to distract me from my book ... ahh the memory of the beach is enough to get me thru any hectic frenzied hump day. My blissful beach time was followed by a family dinner on Sunday. My fam actually came to the city to eat. It was lovely and I hope we do it again real soon... ** in the city**.

Back at work on Monday I was pleasantly surprised by a welcome swoon. Oh you know what I'm talking about as I've referred to said swoon about 2 thousand times.

See? The week started off so well.



Since then I've just gotten busier and busier at work. Which is never a good thing. I mean, hello? I was born to be a lady who lunches, a lady of leisure. An Empress. Why do I have to work anyway? It doesn't seem right.



I'm in the process of renewing my nursing licence at the very last possible minute and have to attend a training program that I was unaware of. Yay, that's always fun and it always costs an arm and a leg to tell the state board "hi, I still exist and need you to send me a new piece of paper to confirm my continued existance in the same profession".



Oh, and I also lost my debit card... so feel free to pay for my dinner as per usual. I'm not accustomed to using cash monies. And I'm not adjusting well at all.



Time to go off the grid for the night. Errands to run and book club to host (even though I haven't exactly technically read all that I was supposed to read... hrmm). What are you up to?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh laws I hate cash monies. Well, I love it when it's in my account. But when I have to withdraw it to spend it, I'm miserable. I just love my plastic money. I am a material girl, living in a material world I suppose.

rita said...

My week has been much the same as your day. Only with copiers instead of the nursing board.

Uptown Girl said...

Sassy- agreed, i hate withdrawing cash instead of using plastic this week. it is so icky realizing how much $$ I'm spending and seeing the leftover balance. ugh.

Rita- I thought all hectic, busy, and annoying stuff was supposed to wait until post-Labor Day?

rita said...

Our school system gets special dispensation to start school before Labor Day because, even though we don't miss many days due to bad weather, we share a couple of schools with the county which does miss many days. So we start back early, but we get two weeks at Christmas. And a week at Easter. Oh, the county gets that Easter break too, even though for some reason that I cannot fathom they start school AFTER we do and get out BEFORE we do.

*sigh*